Following are some of these companies:
- Kaspersky Labs (a Russia-based anti-virus software company);
- AVG (an anti-virus software company that is located in the Netherlands);
- TrendMicro (an anti-virus software company that is located in Japan);
- Opera Software (a multi-facet web browser company that is located in Norway);
- Startmail (a e-mail company that is located in Netherlands); and
- Spotify (A web music company that is located in Sweden and United Kingdom)
No Monopoly on Innovation
The above list of companies do not possess an absolute monopoly in brains and innovation. Creativity originates within the political-social culture of the project terrain and the experience of the implementers.
While the performers and the producers within each project terrain come and go, the maintaining of the culture of strategic innovation is the principal challenge for most companies.
The Focus Point
In our ever-evolving global economy, the only color that counts is the color of money or whatever the hot commodity becomes the flavor of the day.
Comments From the Compass Desk
We should always mindfully practice the art of assessing a situation while never underestimate anyone or any group in the information economy.
The possession of "The Will to Grind and Persist" usually enables someone or some group could succeed, especially in a chaotic and grueling interval.
In the fast game of product development, doing it now and optimizing later is the way how of these start up companies survive. (The listed companies are not start ups)
While technology is a great democratizer in the information economy, the resources sector (the energy companies, the banks and the basic commodities companies) still rule the grand order of our global information economy.