Following is our abridged list of pointers:
- Never position yourself between the platform edge and the other people. Always stay back. People with malicious intent or no impulse control can terminate your life instantly and with minimum effort.
- Always keep one hand free and never put your hands in the pockets of your coat or your jacket.
- Wear a head set when utilizing your mobile phone. Conceal the phone in some situations.
- Always take the station entrance that immediately leads to the section of the platform that has a significant number of riders who is waiting for the train.
- While waiting at the front section of the line, never be #1. Position yourself a few people ahead of you.
- Always stand sideways. Scan the observable terrain while be mindfully aware of your settings.
- While waiting at the end of the line, stand against the wall if possible. The wall is your friend. (However, do not get surrounded by the wrong people. ...)
- Do not rely on the transit police to save the day. (Cavalry rescue usually cost money. ... The transit police usually arrive after the incident has occurred.)
- Always avoid any direct confrontation. Be prepared for a worst case scenario.
The Compass Solution
In that situation, assess the configuration of the situation. Position oneself in a setting of no relevance. Influence the other person to do any activity else indirectly.
In strategy, no useless move in vain. -Chen Hao
Do not be a 10 o clock news item or an anecdote in a post martial art training session. ... It is not a good idea.