- Assess the Big Tangible Picture before deciding.
The masses buy it because they want a simple outcome and do not want to think more about it. It is always easy to sell the obvious message of "easy" risk benefit while hiding the truth of risk consequences.
The professionals focus on those points and then re-assesses which of the three choices are for real and what are the possible risk consequences.
- Collect relevant data relating to to your Big Tangible Picture.
- Pinpoint the positive points and the negative points from various different angles.
- Identify the risk benefits and and the risk consequences of each point
- Determine whether the settings behind the goal is predictable or unpredictable.
- Adjust your goal accordingly.