For those who live day by day, lacking emotional intelligence and operating on emotional instinct. Read the following 12 pointers
- We admitted we were powerless over _____ – that our situation had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a something greater than ourselves could restore us to ______ .
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of that power as we understood Him/her/it.
- Made a searching and fearless inventory of our situation.
- Admitted to ___ , to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of _____.
- Were entirely ready to have something remove all these defects in our situation.
- Humbly asked for methods to remove our shortcomings
- Made a list of persons/situations where we had screwed the pooch, and became willing to amend them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it (and amended the situation).
- Sought through reflection to improve our conscious contact with ____ as we understood ___, looking only for knowledge and the power to carry that out.
- Having had an awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others and to continue practice these principles in all our affairs.
For each strategic step, there are many tactical means to complete that specific step. There are different levels of success/effectiveness for different people. What works for one person, might not work for another.
Without tactics (the methods to implement the strategy), the neophytes are retired. This is the same for tacticians who operate without a framework.
Click here for an interesting Harvard Business Review article. The topic is on the basics of executing a strategy.